Phototherapy and TcB Evaluation
Phototherapy and Transcutaneous Bilirubin Evaluation in Neonatal Jaundice.
Instructor: Dr. Ruben Bromiker | Senior Neonatalogist / Jerusalem
201 STUDENTS ENROLLED
This course is designed to help clinicians understand the pathways of bilirubin metabolism, and the mechanisms of Phototherapy, as well as giving an introduction to the benefits of Universal Bilirubin Screening in all infants prior to discharge.
- Describe the History behind the evolution of phototherapy
- Discuss the pathway of Bilirubin Metabolism
- Describe the photochemistry of bilirubin
- Discuss the properties of light that influence phototherapy
- Discuss the need for maximising Body surface area in providing effective phototherapy treatment
- Demonstrate knowledge of use of Transcutaneous Bilirubin Measurement and discuss its usefulness in pre-discharge screening